Monday, July 08, 2013

Stoker

 A couple of the films I watched in a movie binge with a friend this weekend were the remakes of EVIL DEAD and MANIAC, I don't like giving bad reviews but I didn't enjoy either and EVIL DEAD I found pretty unwatchable. The only thing I felt sorry for and wanted to rescue was the MC 5 t-shirt for having to be in that mess. But I realize that I'm not the audience for it. On the other hand I watched STOKER. I love Chan-Wook Park movies like OLDBOY and SYMPATHY FOR LADY VENGEANCE. This is a lower key film, filled with beautiful compositions and slowly unfolding mystery and I loved it. Mia Wasikowska was great as India Stoker tho I  enjoyed everyone in it.
I don't know if Uncle Charlie was a nod to Hitchcock's SHADOW OF A DOUBT  but it felt like it.





No comments: