Wednesday, July 27, 2005




I did not think I'd be able to do one but when the word tranquilitiy came into my email I started thinking about stuff. When I went for a bike ride a scribbled down some ideas . As it happened I finished the first draft of a children's book I'm working on
and was actually happy with it and finished up some other stuff and started on this . Originally it was going to be simpler but
I got a little carried away. Eventually this fellow is going to have to open his eyes and join the throng or hit a mountaintop but for the moment he's managed to find a little inner peace.
Doing this ,made me look at one of my favourite animal artists, Bill Peet. I love his books and would line up all night to get a book of his storyboards for Dumbo, 101 Dalmations and everything else.

16 comments:

curiouswisdom said...

i love this illustration... love the idea (tranquility in the middle of the daily rush) and love the way you've executed it. Well done.

starky said...

Nice work!

Kactiguy said...

Fantastic. I've always loved your work.

Rowantree said...

I like, it´s so funny !!! angry pigs, snake strangled ... Great job.

paige said...

Goodness! This is absolutely amazing.I love all the details, shapes, colors. An absolute beauty. You really are so very, very good at what you do Drazen.

Fulton Beal said...

Donkeys and pigs
And snakes shaped like twigs
Locked in a clusterous pool
But I'll sit and chant
Atop my el'phant
And surely I won't act a fool

Carolyn said...

This is a great illo! I was also impressed by the other ones on your site. You are a wonderful artist!

vfm4 said...

i went through your blog shouting 'oh WOW!' 'oh WOW!' at every picture.. i think you're great!

Julie Oakley said...

Beautiful, lovely work

CREATIVEGoddess said...

Another terrific piece -I love the gaping mouths!

Lindsay said...

exceptionally cool. Love the whole feel of the scene
Lindsay

Cin said...

outstanding ! beautiful colors and textures, idea, everything !

Drazen said...

Thanks a lot everyone!
Cheezy I do love your poems!

Unknown said...

I love your artwork, especially this one.

Tazeen Mohsin said...

I love the pics on ur blogs. They're very delightful

MikeS said...

Hey Draz! I just love this peace! I mean piece! Looking forward to more of your posts.