Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Halloween Tree


I love the original cover of The Halloween Tree.  I recently got Ray Bradbuy's From the Dust Returned a book I've never read that has all his Elliot family stories (tho I think updated versions of his old stories like The Homecoming ) intertwined with newer stuff.  The cover is Charles Addam's original magazine illustration for the Homecoming from the late forties. A beautiful piece.  Apparently Addams was going to illustrate a book of monster family stories that Bradbury was going to write  at that time but it never got going. How unfortunate they couldn't find a publisher to place it with  as it would have been amazing especially since those early Bradbury stories are my favorite of his .  Also, Igor awaits his breakfast tuna and meat soup.



No comments: