Monday, March 10, 2008



Last year I had the wonderful experience of illustrating the new series from author Alison McGhee. Alison is a brilliant, moving and funny writer and Julia Gillian and the Art of Knowing was a joy to work on. I loved illustrating the characters and the Minneapolis neighborhood
of Julia Gillians world and did about 75 black and white drawings for the interior. This is the first book in a three book series and will hit the shelves
in June from Scholastic. I had a great time with everyone involved and couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out tho I imagine I'd still be tweeking or redrawing things if it wasn't off to the printer. It always feels like I could have done better but
hey, its on to book two now.
I'll post some artwork after it comes out but heres the cover.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The art is so sweet! Can you show the back?

Drazen said...

Thanks.
I probably could but I think I'll wait till the book comes out:-)
I'll give you a hint tho,its the other side of the street.

d

Kactiguy said...

Cool. Way to go. This is a really nice looking cover my friend.

Dominic Bugatto said...

lookin' good man. Congrats.

Drazen said...

thanks Guy and Dom.

the doodlers said...

Hot digity! Congrats Drazen. Looks like a loverly book.. Jealous am I...:)

Also love the new banner.. maybe it's not so new since it's been a while since I visited...sigh..too much storyboarding makes arna a very dull girl.

Jamal O said...

Absolutely charming sketches and photos on your blog.

A Beautiful eye.

Drazen said...

Thanks a lot Arna and jamal o!

Bianca said...

I really love this picture. Looking at it I feel really warm inside, but most of all I feel sincerity.

Drazen said...

thanks Bianca!

paige said...

Awwww. I love it! Can't wait to pick it up and see the inside pictures. Cheers!

Drazen said...

Thanks a lot Paige!

tianxinye said...

nikedao
nikedao
nikedao.com
www.nikedao.com
NIKE
ADIDAS
PUMA
NIKE板鞋
NIKE运动鞋
NIKE跑鞋
ADIDAS板鞋
ADIDAS运动鞋
ADIDAS跑鞋
PUMA板鞋
PUMA运动鞋
PUMA跑鞋
NIKE 板鞋
NIKE 运动鞋
NIKE 跑鞋
ADIDAS 板鞋
ADIDAS 运动鞋
ADIDAS 跑鞋
PUMA 板鞋
PUMA 运动鞋
PUMA 跑鞋
板鞋
运动鞋
跑鞋
首页
商品分类
会员中心
购物车
客户留言
品牌
赠品
捆绑商品
产品目录
联系我们
关于我们
常见问题
安全交易
购买流程
如何付款
adidas Smith 情侣鞋
adidas adicolor 情侣鞋
adidas 35周年鞋
adidas 新款皇冠女鞋
adidas 城市系列
NIKE 复古板鞋
NIKE Dunk SB
Nike Air Force One
NIKE AF1 25周年
Nike Air MAX 2003系列跑鞋

Elliot Cowan said...

Hello there.
I was visiting my editor at Scholastic last week and sitting on his desk were a pile of books with your name on (the very book you've posted about).
What a lovely surprise.